The B-Mount Battery is a new design, developed by ARRI and Bebob. ARRI raises the bar with the release of their new and magnificent ALEXA 35 camera. The idea is to create a new future-proof industry standard. There are a lot of advantages in contrast to V- and Gold-Mount batteries. We put some together for you:
Through additional date pins, the camera or luminaire can communicate with the B-Mount battery. It can read for example status of cycles or battery capacity. Different battery plates, designed for 14.8 or 28V can communicate with the battery. This way, the battery can adjust its voltage to the according plate and so the used device. This is convenient when using bi-voltage batteries.
Due to the internal release mechanism, the battery plates get even smaller than with V- or Gold-Mount plates. This is also a big advantage, as cameras get smaller. The mounting mechanism is built really rugged, so the battery doesn’t move while on a camera. The new release mechanism also features a quicker change of batteries while on set.
B-Mount batteries come in different designs and with different power specifications. But the minimum power output is specified at 15 amps at 24 Volts. Our chargers are able to charge the batteries with a current of up to 4 Amps.
We also provide two new chargers, suitable for B-Mount batteries.
● More safe and compact structure, with blue rubber corner can protect the shell from damage in case of falling during operation.
● Intelligent PCB design for over-heat, over-charge, over-discharge and over-current multi protection.
● 28.8V battery, power range is 24V⁓33.6V
● B-mount battery can only be charged by professional B-mount charger or USB-C charger.
● Discharging temperature:-20℃⁓+55℃ Charging temperature:0℃⁓+40℃
D-tap Output: 16V 64W(Max), DC16V(constant)
USB-A Output: 5V/2A 10W(Max)
USB-C Output: 5V~20V/3A 60W(Max)
USB-C Input: 20V/3A Dimension: 154(L)mm×100(W)mm×87(T)mm
Weight: 1680g ”